Seven Natural Remedies For Softening Your Child’s Hair
Hair can often become dry and unruly, especially for children. While there are many products on the market that promise to make hair softer, it is possible to use all-natural remedies to achieve a soft and manageable hair-style. Here we take a look at seven natural remedies for softening your child’s hair and restoring it to a healthy state.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is well known for its conditioning properties, making it an ideal choice for moisturizing and softening hair. It helps nourish the scalp, as well as control frizz, add shine and reduce split ends. To use coconut oil, warm it up slightly and massage into the scalp before brushing from roots to tips.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has been used for centuries to help protect hair against breakage and dryness. Use it regularly to coat the strands with a protective layer that will help keep them smooth and hydrated. Massage warm olive oil into the scalp before shampooing or use as a leave-in conditioner.
- Avocado: The fatty acids found in avocados make it an excellent choice for softening hair. Mash up a ripe avocado and apply generously to the scalp before shampooing or make your own DIY conditioning mask by combining with honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Egg Yolks: Egg yolks are packed with proteins, vitamins and fatty acids that help nourish the scalp and smooth out dry ends. Use one egg yolk mixed with some olive oil or mayonnaise as a pre-shampoo treatment to add some extra hydration to the hair before you cleanse it.
- Honey: Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it helps draw moisture into the hair shaft to keep it soft and hydrated. Mix honey with some water or oil and massage onto your child’s scalp before shampooing.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an natural ingredient that has many benefits for skin and hair. It has antibacterial properties that help soothe an irritated scalp as well as hydrating agents that soften the strands without weighing them down. Mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil for a simple DIY conditioner.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps balance the pH levels of the scalp which can have a major impact on how healthy and manageable your locks look and feel. Use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water as a final rinse after shampooing to help detangle knots, add shine and soften the hair.
These seven natural remedies can help make your child’s hair softer, shinier and more manageable. Try them out and see which one works best for you!