Natural Oils and Household Items For Curing Acne
There are many people who suffer from acne. They are embarrassed and self-conscious about their acne scars. Some even have to take medications to get rid of them.
Acne is caused by bacteria which produce a substance called sebum, which is an oily substance. Sebum is often referred to as the main cause of acne. It clogs the pores of the skin and makes it difficult for the body to eliminate dirt and oil. The body reacts to this by producing more sebum, which causes the acne to spread.
Although acne can be frustrating, it can be cured with natural remedies. There are various home remedies that can cure acne. Here are 10 common household remedies:
1. Lemon Juice - Lemon juice can be used to cleanse the skin. Lemon juice can also help in removing dead skin cells and dirt.
2. Aloe Vera - This is a great natural remedy for acne. It can be applied directly on the face, and contains anti-bacterial properties that control acne.
3. Olive Oil – Olive oil will moisturize and hydrate the skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties and helps in eliminating acne.
4. Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil works well on mild to moderate acne. It’s an antiseptic that can be applied on the face or used with a mild gentle all-natural soap.
5. Witch Hazel – Witch hazel is a very good astringent and can be used as a natural toner. It’s a great cleanser too.
6. Baking Soda – Baking soda can be mixed with water and applied on the face as a paste to heal acne. It has antibacterial properties.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can exfoliate the skin, absorb excess oils and unplug blocked pores. It can be mixed with water to dilute the acidity, and used as a facial rinse.
8. Cornstarch - Cornstarch can be mixed with milk and applied on the face in the form of a facial mask. The mask will absorb excess oil.
9. Honey - Honey is a great moisturizer and can be applied on the face after cleansing. It also feels amazing on the skin.
10. Oatmeal – Oatmeal can be mixed with yogurt and applied on the face. Oatmeal contains proteins that will keep the skin hydrated and youthful.
These are just a few of the many home remedies for acne. Below we’ll answer some questions and concerns about skin care.
Why Is It Important To Take Care Of Your Skin?
Skin is the largest organ of our body. Skin protects our bodies from harmful elements like ultraviolet radiation and temperature extremes. It allows our bodies to breathe freely and gives protection against bacteria and viruses.
We need to look after our skin to keep it healthy and prevent infection. We can do this by cleaning our hands properly before eating, keeping skin moisturized and protecting ourselves from harmful sun rays.
If we don’t take proper care of our skin, it will appear dry, scaly, cracked, and rough. These effects will make your skin look unhealthy and aged. You may experience skin problems like eczema, acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, and even cancer.
How To Protect Your Skin From Harmful Factors?
Skin needs to be protected from damaging environmental agents, like dust, chemicals, ultraviolet rays, wind and cold weather. Your skin needs to be moisturized and hydrated.
Sunscreens are used to protect against ultraviolet radiation. Moisturizers are used to keep your skin soft and supple. A good diet of fresh fruits and vegetables helps promote good health. Good nutrition keeps your immune system strong, which means you'll stay healthier throughout the year.
What is a good face routine?
Good skin care begins with proper cleansing and moisturizing. When washing, use warm, sudsy water and gentle soap to wash your face and scalp thoroughly. Follow with a rich, creamy cleanser such as Hemp Facial Cleansing Cream. Apply twice daily.
After washing, follow with Goat’s Milk Hydrating Lotion and Cetaphil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. Both products should be applied liberally and left on the skin for 15 minutes before rinsing well. Avoid harsh detergents and alcohol, both of which dry out the skin and can clog pores.