Why Is Caring For Your Skin Important?
Skin health is essential to maintaining overall wellness and is critical to protecting our bodies against germs, sunburns, injury, and infection. When we take care of our skin, we can prevent skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. Skin health may improve or worsen over time, depending on whether we eat well, exercise regularly, get adequate sleep, and treat ourselves with respect.
How Does A Healthy Skin Look?
If your skin looks healthy, you're doing something right! Your skin should be smooth, soft, pliable and free of sores. You need to take care of your skin so it stays healthy and youthful. One of the best things you can do is keep it clean. This means washing your hands frequently and keeping your skin dry by limiting how much water you use. Make sure you moisturize regularly. If you notice any spots, get them treated immediately. Don't forget about sun protection. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing to avoid damage from the sun and protect against skin cancer.
What Foods Help Skin Glow?
Vitamin B3 and Vitamin C play an important role in maintaining good health and a healthy complexion. Foods like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, Brussels sprouts, oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, peas, mushrooms and peppers contain these nutrients. These foods are packed with antioxidants and phytochemicals that protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that react with cell membranes and DNA and can lead to premature aging. Antioxidants neutralize the effect of free radicals, keeping our bodies healthier and younger looking.
What Is A Basic Skin-Care Routine?
A basic skin-care routine is the first step in maintaining good skin health. It includes cleansing the face, neck and body. Cleansing removes oils, dirt, dead cells, and makeup. You should always wash your hands before applying any type of lotion or cream. After washing your face, apply moisturizer to keep your skin soft and supple.
All Natural Ingredients For Flawless Skin
We understand it can be quite overwhelming trying to decide which skin care products to use with all of the different options available on the market.
Fortunately, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a list of natural ingredients that can be beneficial for your skin whether you’re 18 or 80 years of age
Here are 10 of the best natural ingredients for skin care:
- Coconut oil is an excellent natural moisturizer for the skin. It can help to hydrate and soften the skin, and it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rosehip oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and it can help to repair damage to the skin. It is also an effective natural anti-aging agent.
- Aloe vera gel is a popular natural ingredient for skin care. It has soothing and moisturizing properties, and it can also help to heal burns and other skin damage.
- Shea butter is an excellent natural moisturizer that can help to protect the skin. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals, and it can help to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Jojoba oil is similar to the oil our skin produces, and it can help to balance the skin's natural oil production. It is also an effective natural makeup remover.
- Lavender oil has calming and relaxing properties, and it can also help to heal skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Tea tree oil is a powerful natural antiseptic that can help to heal wounds and fight infection. It can also help to clear up acne.
- Apple cider vinegar can help to restore the skin's natural pH balance. It can also help to treat acne and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Witch hazel is a natural astringent that can help to tone and tighten the skin. It can also help to reduce inflammation and redness.
- Goat’s milk is a natural fatty acid that rejuvenates, softens, and replenishes skin cells. It's rich in vitamin A and probiotics to aid in the growth of normal skin flora.
These are just a few of the many natural ingredients that can be beneficial for your skin. When choosing skin care products, look for those that contain these ingredients to reap the maximum benefits.
Need A Lotions To Moisturize and Protect Your Skin?
Irv Mika The Body and Hair Chef offers a line of natural, handmade products that will nourish and beautify your hair and skin.
Our products are free of sulfates, phthalates, parabens, and gluten, and are ideal for those who are environmentally conscious. We strive to provide our clients with products that will leave them feeling beautiful and healthy, naturally.